Welcome to the 61st episode of the Give A Heck Podcast!
Join Dwight Heck and his guest, Howard Berg, to talk about how accelerated reading can help you reach whole new heights of knowledge.
For the past 35 years, Howard has been teaching people how to maximize their ability to learn faster, comprehend better, and retain more in their information-rich world. So today, he shares his journey, from frequently visiting libraries as a child, setting a record in speed reading, and helping others develop a total learning solution in their life.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
● The power of humour when teaching anything we want people to remember.
● How receiving information in a positive state of mind can help us retain it better.
● The value of taking a time-out before getting into the mindset we need to be productive.
● How to fight off negative states by creating new ones instead of fending them off.
● The difference between “speed reading” from “speed learning” and ways to develop the latter.
● And much more!
About Howard Berg
Howard “Speedy” Berg set the world record for speed reading. He is listed in the 1990 Guinness Book of World Records for reading more than 25,000 words a minute and writing more than 100 words a minute.
Howard is a graduate of S.U.N.Y, Binghamton, where he majored in Biology and then completed a four-year psychology program in one year. His graduate studies at several New York City colleges focused on the Psychology of Reading. Howard is also the Spokesperson for the Sony E-Reader and Justin Timberlake, Peyton Manning, and Amy Sedaris.
Howard has appeared on over 1,100 radio and television programs, including Neil Cavuto, Jon Stewart, and Live With Regis. In addition, his brain-based learning strategies have been hailed as a breakthrough in publications like Forbes FYI, Selling, Men’s Health, Red Book, and Bottom Line Magazine. These strategies have also been featured in dozens of newspaper interviews throughout North America.
You can find Howard Berg on…
Connect with Dwight Heck!
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Giveaheck