Welcome to the 42nd episode of the Give A Heck Podcast!
Join Dwight Heck and his guest, Naomi Mamiye, as they talk about creating a life not defined by money but driven by passion.
Even when people ridiculed her for starting a design firm, Naomi only used this experience to propel herself further, proving them all wrong. Now, she is a commercial interior designer and a leader in the design field.
Today, Naomi shares her journey, from initially getting her name out by not charging for her first few projects to later spending countless hours helping beginning designers set up their businesses. After all, she believes that a true leader creates more leaders.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The problem of wanting “stability” and how it keeps us from using our God-given talents
- Why everything in life should not be defined by money but by passion
- How to be more receptive by taking chances when they come and leaving some behind when they go
- What processes and tools we can use to keep ourselves driven to achieve more in life?
- The importance of living in the present by actively choosing how we spend our time
- And much more!
About Naomi Mamiye:
Naomi Mamiye designs hospitals, hotels, corporate offices, and investment properties across the United States, accommodating each project to its specific needs. Naomi has vast experience with modern, transitional, and even traditional styles. In the healthcare sector alone, no other designer has this many accomplishments to their name as her.
Meanwhile, Naomi also mentor’s novice designers, often seen as a leader in the field. Not only is she an entrepreneur, but she also actively helps and coaches other people to start businesses of their own. Naomi has won artistic competitions and even taught a college course on interior design. In addition, she has been featured on numerous podcasts and has taped a crash course on becoming a design professional.
You can find Naomi Mamiye on…
Connect with Dwight Heck!
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Giveaheck