Welcome to the 43rd episode of the Give A Heck Podcast!
Join Dwight Heck and his guest, Jim Muehlhausen, as they talk about keeping the business income while ditching all the stress. Jim is a seasoned entrepreneur and the founder of the Business Model Institute.
Over the years, he discovered a lack of planning among retirement-age business owners. So, Jim created The Half-Retirement Blueprint to provide a profitable alternative to a potential undersell and abrupt change in leadership. A structured retirement plan for business owners to shift from working income to equity income. After all, he believes that learning from sticky case studies accelerates a business’ success.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The complexity of partnerships and how it teaches you to be a better entrepreneur
- How focusing too much on building your legacy can greatly affect your family life
- The value in defining your hours when ditching the stress while keeping your income
- Why half-retirement is better than focusing on money as a success metric
- How happiness can never be found in money but rather in life experiences
- And much more!
About Jim Muehlhausen:
Jim Muehlhausen has authored two books on the best practices for business models, “The 51 Fatal Business Errors and How to Avoid Them” and “Business Models for Dummies.” Both books were compiled from years of research and his vast experience as a business owner and consultant. Additionally, Jim contributes to publications including Inc., Entrepreneur, BusinessWeek, and The Small Business Report, alongside regular contributions to the BMI. Also, during his time as a business owner, his companies have been recognized by Harvard Business School and Inc. Magazine’s “IC 100 Fastest-Growing Businesses.”
You can find Jim Muehlhausen on…
Connect with Dwight Heck!
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Giveaheck