Welcome to the 41st episode of the Give A Heck Podcast!
Join Dwight Heck and his guest, Allen Klein, as they talk about dealing with life’s challenges with the help of humor and positivity.
Allen saw in his wife how laughter made her feel better amidst the terminal illness she battled and lost to. His passion for therapeutic humor led him to become a professional keynote speaker and best-selling author who expresses how a little laughter goes a long way.
In this episode, Allen talks about his new book, The Awe Factor, and the effect of real-life comic relief when faced with stress.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- A child’s fascination for theatre arts and making rejection an inspiration to pursue
- Giving up being a theatre and television scenic designer to study human development
- Understanding how humor is a crucial part of helping to deal with struggles
- Coming up with the titles “Mr. Jollytologist” and Ambassador of Life
- Using the power of affirmation, visualization, and awe to feel great
- And much more!
About Allen Klein:
Allen Klein, MA, CSP* (aka “Mr. Jollytologist®”) is an award-winning professional keynote speaker and best-selling author who shows audiences worldwide how humour can help them deal with everyday trials and tribulations as well as triumphing over tragedy.
Allen is the 2009 recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor.
Klein’s books have been published in eight different languages (English, Spanish, Danish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Hungarian, and Turkish) with over 500,000 in print.
You can find Allen Klein on…
Connect with Dwight Heck!
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Giveaheck