Welcome to the 31st episode of the Give A Heck Podcast!
Join Dwight Heck and his guest, Lois Hollis, as they talk about how shame and guilt negatively affect our perception of life and ways to get rid of them.
Lois is an educator, counsellor, author, and now filmmaker who advocates identifying, releasing, and avoiding shame and guilt.
Today, she shares her story, from growing up with debilitating illnesses to taking back her power through spiritual healing.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Shame/guilt work and how it is the key to emotional, mental, and physical healing.
- Why spiritual growth is essential in shame/guilt work and how spirituality is different for everyone.
- What shame/guilt energy is and how to get rid of it rather than manage it.
- The need for critical thinkers and thought leaders to change the archaic ways society solves problems.
- How sharing your truth can help others break out of the mold and find theirs.
- And much more!
About Lois Hollis:
Lois Hollis is a shame/guilt educator, counsellor, trailblazer, writer, and now filmmaker. Lois discovered that shame and guilt join forces to create 24-hour negativity that causes emotional and physical illnesses. Shame talks in our sleep, and guilt talks in our waking moments, telling us we are powerless and inadequate.
Once she discovered that shame and guilt were responsible for her anxiety, depression, and life-threatening illnesses, Lois healed from childhood traumas and 30 years of migraine headaches. Now, she shepherds others out of a crisis, seeking success or spiritual growth with her knowledge of identifying, releasing, and avoiding shame and guilt.
Lois has the uncanny ability for new knowledge. She helped develop one of the first Kidney Hemodialysis Units in the country and other firsts. She authored Soul Mirror Cards and three books. Lois aspires to use the magic of film to make shame and guilt visual. Her documentary series, “I’m Good,” will illustrate the shame/guilt dangers and how to avoid them.
You can find Lois Hollis on…
Connect with Dwight Heck!
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Giveaheck