Welcome to the second episode of the Give A Heck Podcast! Join Dwight Heck, and his guest, Tony Whatley, as they talk about entrepreneurship, the wrong beliefs we learn from school, celebrating haters, and taking risks. Tony is a business mentor, speaker, best-selling author, and podcast host. He is the co-founder of LS1Tech, an online automotive community that massively grew to 300,000 registered members! They sold this business for millions after only a few years of establishing it, and this was only his part-time job! Listen to the episode now, and learn more about his strategies, mindset, and insights.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The kind of mindset that taught Tony to figure out how to buy something he wants.
- Being an entrepreneur means you’re not afraid to take risks in business.
- Start asking yourself questions and challenging your own beliefs.
- How and why did Tony get into the automotive industry?
- Many people today graduate with a degree that they do not know what to do with and have jobs not related to it.
- Our school system has failed in several categories for helping people be prepared to become productive adults.
- And much more!
About Tony Whatley:
Tony once led a successful corporate career with over 27 years of experience in oil/gas, managing $100MM+ international EPIC projects. He has built and scaled project management departments, and consulted within Fortune 100 corporations on systems, processes, and leadership. Tony also has extensive experience in procurement and contract laws, as well as contract negotiation. In 2015, Tony decided to focus on building businesses full-time and left behind a multiple six-figure salary range to do what he loves.
Tony earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, from The University of Houston. He is also a Certified Project Manager, as well as serving as club president of Toastmasters, a public speaking and leadership training group.
When he is not doing work to build his legacy, you can find him and his wife, Lisa, exploring the world or racing high-performance cars.
You can find Tony Whatley on…
Connect with Dwight Heck!